Home made, do-it-yourself: ipod touch 2g microphone

Who knows deeper Apple devices' know that the big lack of iPod Touch 2G is microphone.

The ability to use the device as a VoIP phone through the free apps as "Fring" or "Skype" is certainly a tempting idea, but it's just hampered by the absence of the microphone.

The solutions are already on the market: Apple offers the headsets with mic. to € 29.00 and Griffin offers the $ 19.99 SmartTalk.

Well, I propose the ... the ... momo-microphone (I invented the name rigth now).
Having a cemetery of an electrical fault, its cost is about € 1.00.
Suitable, isn't it?

Since I had searched for a long time in vain for such a solution, and that many others can benefit, I explain how I did it (I will not go into too much detail, if anyone wants clarification please contact me).

Thanks to the video on youtube of a certain "hermanwahsletn" I found out what the wiring diagram of the jack is:


I went to buy a 4-pin jack (0.80 €) and with a little trial and welding, I hooked up a microphone capsule exhumed from the cemetery of electronic components:





The result was great!
Inserted into the headset jack on the Touch, I registered for a few seconds with the apps "iTalk" of Griffintechnology and the quality is excellent!
You can connect the other contacts of the 4-pin jack to your stereo headphones.

Because I had an old headset for cell phones I decided to reuse it by connecting its wires to the 4-pin jack.

I checked with a multimeter which wires went to the microphone and what the cap and I challenged the welder.

a bit 'of photos of various stages:






The audio quality is excellent, the construction was very simple (2 days).
The test with the operation of Nimbuzz Skype was positive!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento